Anger, When Fed, Is Dead

SENIOR DATING SURPRISE

I never expected to hear from TV IDOL again after I rebuked him so — colorfully. True, he stood me up and embarrassed me, but I reacted with such unladylike behavior I shocked myself.  Now, to my amazement, he is texting me a touchy-feely date message.

text-messaging

TV IDOL:  I miss U. Dine Sat nite?

ME:  U R texting someone who hates U

TV IDOL:  Is that a yes?

ME:  That is a no

TV IDOL:  I really miss you

ME:  Gr8 news

TV IDOL:  U R tired of being angry with me

ME:  Maybe

TV IDOL:  Good.  Saturday at 7

ME: OK.  No need 4 reservations. I have enough re ur moral fiber

TVIDOL:  I M all 4 U

ME:  Yippee

PLAYING HARD TO GET

You can’t be too available to a guy like TV IDOL.  He has not gotten over the ‘80s, when his face didn’t look like a sagging spider web and every woman in his television universe wanted to bed him.

I’m tempted to complain that texting instead of phoning for a date seems cowardly, but we senior ladies have to realize that texting is the NOW way to communicate. We need to put our arthritic fingers on those itty-bitty keys and just do it.  Anyway, I wouldn’t dream of letting TV IDOL think I wasn’t hip enough to text.

waiter serving dinner

TV IDOL was ungentlemanly to stand me up, but shame and remorse are not part of his repertiore, so an apology from him is unlikely. Besides, if he were to apologize, I’d have to do the same for my own bad behavior. My only chance at revenge will be to order the most expensive thing on Saturday night’s menu.

Tagged: ,

'Anger, When Fed, Is Dead' have 6 comments

1. May 23, 2013 @ 12:41 am Michelle

This is funny, but the guy is a loser. I guess you’ve already dumped him. I hope so.

2. September 20, 2011 @ 3:54 pm MsPreserved

I left a comment on your “Stood Up” post and after I read that I came here and I am LMAO. SO funny. And so typical. Men are so clueless sometimes. I hope you had a great time and ate a big fat expensive revenge steak.

3. June 6, 2011 @ 10:40 am Madame X

This man sounds like about every man I’ve met in the last 3 decades — it’s all about them. I fight back by accepting their dinner invitations and having a nice time but not showing it. At least you get to go out.

4. July 4, 2010 @ 2:24 pm amy623

I think I know this guy (groan). Actually I do know someone like him. It’s hard enough to find an age-appropriate man and then you get stood up. It makes me feel like I was an idiot to put myself out there.

5. February 4, 2010 @ 9:08 am Sienna

Lola, you are so right. Too bad I didn’t think of this. I — um — MIGHT have done it, though to be honest, my will power is low when it comes to TV IDOL. The guy is really interesting….not Old Mr. Right, but for a few hours of diversion — and fantasizing — he’s fun, even if his favorite topic is himself (see also HARVARD YARD in my Dating Gallery). Maybe I am TOO good at listening. I seem to attract megalomaniacs.

6. February 3, 2010 @ 8:42 pm Lola

My jaw is still on the ground…after standing you up more than once, he actually had the nerve to text you? Perhaps you should have told him “yes,” set up a place and time to meet him (like outside somewhere on a very cold day), and uh, I dunno, text (not call) him 2 minutes before your meeting time and let him know you have a cold and can’t make it. 😉